First day of holiday, I do not have any excuse: I should attend at least one yoga class!
Being in Nepal and have never followed a yoga class is like being in Italy and have never had a pizza.
So, today, after the school run , I followed a group of non-working moms.
They all were more than thirty-five, but there are some white heads, they all know each other and they look a bit '"mystical."
I must say that the only normal, "down-to-earth" and with the intention of doing some nice and relaxing exercise is my friend, the others appear to be close to a transcendental experience.
And the place is anything but transcendent: crowded little dressing room, bathroom nepali style (smelly and very small).
However I changed, I mingled with the group: I took a rug, a blanket, wooden blocks, rubber bands, a pillow ... I was really full of tools! With difficulty I sow the teacher behind the ladies, but each of us had enough room to stretch out the carpet and take a relaxed position while waiting for the lesson to start.
It begins breathing ...
Then slowly, slowly and not without difficulty I assumed different positions, starting from standing up, lying on the hips,bending my back ... I quickly lost track of the sequence of actions and let myself be carried by the voice of the teacher.
I did not understand everything she said, the young American teacher was very inspired and often whispered instructions. The positions' names, surely were in Nepali because to me they were totally new. But I understood that I need to relax in each new position, breathing slowly and deeply. Which I did definitely good, because at the end of the lesson I did nothing but yawn. I was then overwhelmed by a very cold sensation, I had to use the blanket I had kept close to me till that moment with the other tools only partially used. During the final relaxation (although throughout the lesson had to do with relaxation) the ladies were beginning to take positions that looked at me anything but relaxing: lay with their legs crossed, in headstand position, in plank position... I covered myself and I used the pillow as pillow lying on the carpet, I was risky of falling asleep even though it was only eleven in the morning.
Eleven! The lesson lasted nearly two hours, unbelievable!
I felt relaxed and I had the perception of having broader shoulders, deeper breath and more effective... perfect condition to go to the gym and have a good race!


Nessun commento:
Posta un commento
Hai letto o guardato il resoconto di viaggio?
Vuoi dire qualcosa in proposito?
Lascia un commento!!!