martedì 6 dicembre 2016

Cardio experience - Kathmandu Nepal

Written 3rd November

Now that we moved, the gym is a little bit far away from the new house... So going to Pulchow is an exercise itself.
On wednesday morning, after leaving Elena at school, I walked to the gym, it took nearly half a hour. Once there, I started with step machine since there wasn't electricity to use the treadmill.
When I was near the end of my workout time electricity's arrived and I couldn't leave the gym without at least twenty minutes running, so I ran.
I started to be pretty good tired when a funny little man came to call me telling that I could join the cardio fitness (box?) class. 
The temptation to run away was strong, but the curiosity was stronger; so I joined them.
At the very beginning I felt like a giant in an ants room.
Then I started to feel like a goofy giant in a busy ants room!
Being a woman of normal heigt in Nepal  means to be as high as my daughter  probably will be next year: very short for European canons.
That was the first uncomfy sensation, but it is not everything.. Two chubby women an a plump man were sweating profusely following the strong elf who called me before. He was helped by a gracious pixie with the size of a doll;then he introduced her to me as his wife.
After all that walking and running I have done, I was confident to be warmed up enough to follow them doing a sort of aerobic warming up, and that was almost true. But when they have started to move as fast as lightening following a thumping music, I felt lost. Too proud to give up, I got strenght and I kept going on...
I did feel judge. May be I was being a bit paranoid, may be not, but those people weren't shy about having a look. Althought it was a welcoming group I felt observed: too large to pass unnoticed, to slow to not be ridiculous! Really quite embarassing. And normally people when they are imbarassed, they are not loose and agile, so I was even more rigid than usual. At a time when others where doing two movements, I completed one, legs and arms too long to be so fast!
The situation was so weird that I couldn't stop smiling at me (lots of mirrors in that room!), and everyone thought I was insane, but it was worth continuing despite that.
When the teacher-elf asked me to complete three series of fifteen push ups each, I answerd that I've never done fifteen push ups in all my life long... So I took my time to watch at the pushing up group: everyone was making an effort to meet the demand, I couldn't be the only who quitted!
All the class was quite brutal but I came out floating, I really floated out.
And now, days after, I can felt muscles I did not know I have; breathe deeply give me a painful feeling: too many pushups!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Hai letto o guardato il resoconto di viaggio?
Vuoi dire qualcosa in proposito?
Lascia un commento!!!