Written 23rd October
Early morning of a week day,
six a.m. The light comes at five; life begins with the first ray of sun.
The new house is bordered by a
deposit of ferrous materials, shouts and metallic sounds awake us like an alarm
clock. Here there are not streets vendors shouting, but the prayer's bells
start playing at five thirty in the morning, as everywhere in Kathmandu...I
suppose.
If I go out on the balcony, I
can see the spectacle of morning ablutions of the workers, some of them live in
shacks of the deposit.
one, but more modern and easier to clean. I'm proud of the solution I've found to get a room for the girl in the living room: using half sofa as bed and a curtain as wall.
We are still on holiday (I'm
obliged, my school is working but I should follow her), every morning we fight
for homework...I get the advantage of the holiday to get on the Italian school:
multiplications table, reading, History, Geography...
During breaks she escapes in
the garden: the guardian has a puppy, a hen and four chicks. We have the
pleasure of animals without having to treat and care.
We had to make a wardrobe of
clothes on purpose to play in the garden. It is composed by holed clothes and
irreparably stained, by the battles with the dog and the chicks sleeping under
the t shirts. I invented funny patches to cover spots and holes; the whole
sight is not bad at all.
The season has changed no more
rains, crystal clear sky, and beautiful views of the hills surrounding the
city.
Cold in the morning, 17-18
degrees, hot around noon and in the early afternoon and windy afternoons and
evenings, the sky is full of kites. This is the kite season! Children can play
games with kites: they "cut the rope" and earn points from each other,
must be fun.
They build big swings for children and adults, you go high in the sky to ask the gods to stop the rains, now no longer needed, the ground is wet enough
This
holiday, dashain holiday has these rituals with kites and huge swings to ask the
sky for quitting rains. This culture is so different from what we (Westerners) know .


Nessun commento:
Posta un commento
Hai letto o guardato il resoconto di viaggio?
Vuoi dire qualcosa in proposito?
Lascia un commento!!!